Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Loss in Translation


Why does my chest feel so heavy
When there’s nothing weighing it down?
Simply thoughts running through my mind,
Mental exercise?
But if my mind is so fit
Why is it that all I can do is
Stutter,
Stutter,
Stutter,
When my mouth begins to utter
Anything at all,
When I’m around you?
I must be mistaken,
These words aren’t simple at all,
They are complex words of love
That have got my heart,
Tongue-twisted,
Happy yet stressed,
Crippled yet blessed.
If only these words truly described
How I feel inside.
Because right now my heart is talking
And I’m the translator,
The scribe,
But there’s one problem,
I don’t speak
Heartbeat.
And so there’s a slight
Miscommunication
Because of a loss in translation.
So when I say the words
I,
Love,
You,
They are not just words
Being formed by my lips,
But rather words that come
From my depths,
My gut,
My bones,
My soul,
My heart.
And just in case you missed it,
That weight has finally been lifted,
I love you…

1 comment:

  1. If this is your poem, I'm impressed! My favorite line:

    I don't speak
    Heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete